Sunday, June 14, 2009

Preview weekend

Hey all - I just attended the Saturday night preview so I thought I would write a little about it so we would have the first post with a response of the show. I hadn't read the play in a few months and watching the show last night reminded me just how much I liked it!

The actors were fantastic. I've heard from Maria, Tom, and other people involved with the show about just how special the cast is...but I never really paid much attention because I didn't have any evidence to back it up. Well, last night I got to see it first hand, and I totally agree! One can definitely tell that the cast is a close-knit group.

There were a few things left to polish with the show, but overall, it could have opened this past Friday and delighted audiences.

It's always fun to watch a show that Maria has directed when I know Maria is in the house watching as well - I can always hear her whispering lines or cheering the actors on...or cursing under her breath...lol.

Bring on the opening!

- Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,
    I completely agree. Herb and I saw it Friday night and I thought: "Well, this could have been opening night".
    I love the humor and I enjoyed seeing the characters fleshed out ~ I read the play in the spring and I actually saw them come alive on stage! Nothing could be better. And Maria's laugh is contagious. Our little preview audience sounded like a group of 50!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete