Thursday, May 21, 2009

the discovery of Ten Cent Night...

Tim and I have been following Marisa’s work for the last couple of years. The Victory Theatre Center did a reading a couple of summers ago of her play that had been commissioned by Steppenwolf, The Butcher of Baraboo. We thought she had such a unique voice and great talent, especially for someone so young. When I finished reading Ten Cent Night, I immediately sent out an email to Tom and Maria telling them to stop reading everything else and READ THIS PLAY. I thought it was so funny and touching, kind of Cohen brothers quirky. Soon after, we did a reading and all felt it was the perfect play for the Victory. I saw the stumble-thru last Sunday and was blown away by this exceptional cast. Tim and I are so happy to be part of the production and look forward to meeting Marisa this weekend!

Tim & Carri
Co-Associate Artistic Directors

No comments:

Post a Comment