Tuesday, May 19, 2009

a note from the director about the set and scenic designer.

A note from Maria:

This is my third time with Gary Randall designing. I love working with him. He's also the designer of our new lobby. First time in 29 years I felt that we had a real lobby. It was fun to watch him get the idea for the lobby. You know how slot machines look when they all come up with the same symbol? I swear I saw his eyeballs say "bingo" when he got the idea for the lobby bar.

Gary is warm and fun and easy to work with. And he doesn't mind coming in when I have a problem with understanding the space on the floor plan. He's altogether
great! His set for Wishing Well was so beautiful – everyone felt the atmosphere. And Kimberly Akimbo was astonishing and even had a turntable. He's just brilliant.

Anyway – here are some of his renderings. The set is really great. Only problem is the actors have to run around the building a lot – but they aren't complaining. What a group!

x maria

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: